Sunday, August 7, 2011

Heather's First Walk-Through

I walked around the barren little house of brick and rickety windows, planning, searching, seeing it not at all for what it is, but for what it could be.  Refinish this, paint that; add a wall here, and that chair would be perfect here...

Still, I ran into spider webs.  I can't find anything to like about the style of a few things in the house.  The outside is wilderness, from the first inch off the cement slab in any and all directions.  I got bit by an ant outside, a very large black and red one.  I anxiously watched my toe for swelling - none came.  Peabody,  who is robust 2 year old wiz kid, required someone to carry him at all times.  He was afraid of the 'sharp tings' outside (meaning the low lying brambles) and was generally rather anxious, which could have been mostly due to hunger, but it only added to my own general anxiety.

My chest was hurting.  Sometimes I suppress my anxiety so well that the only way I even know that I'm not dealing well is that my chest hurts.  It's a bad sign, I know.  But it passed once I started admitting to myself that I might be scared.

I'm excited still, though.  Buglet was very, VERY into playing with the dirt.  She was dressed in her white 'cupcake' shirt and pink leggings and she was pretty dusty by the time we piled into the van to head out.  We're all pretty stoked about the infinite possibilities of a 2-acre yard.  Turning the existing shed into a rabbit and chicken barn.  Turning the formal dining room into a home school classroom - which, appropriately enough, seems to have not one, but at least three wild bird nests just outside the large eastern facing window.

There is a lot of work to be done.  Some for safety, some for comfort, some for style.  We were reflecting on all the provision God has seen to for us to get this place, and especially about the little bit of money we'll have left over after closing.  We've decided, against all the better judgement the world has to offer, and in an effort to force us to rely more on God's provision, that we are going to give half of that leftover money back to God - wherever He leads us to put it.  We'll surely have enough left for the basics like a stove and capping some random indoor gas valves.  The rest of that meager fund however, will hopefully end up showing someone just a little taste of how much God loves them and wants to take care of them, too.

Blessings,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment